Tuesday 2 July 2019

Maromaku Day!

Last week some of us students had the opportunity to go to Maromaku, Maromaku Day is a day where a couple of schools get together from around the Bay of Islands and play some sports. The sports that are played at Maromaku is Netball and Rugby. I played in the Netball team, the first team we played was Moerewa school which I was excited for because I knew a lot of people that was in that team. Our first game we had won, our second game we had won again; by 19 points, our third game we had won which was a nice and light game. In our fourth game we had won again, luckily myself and the GS ( Miria ) was getting our goals in. Our fifth game we had won and it was a really fun game. The fifth game was pretty much semi finals but not, cause they had said it wasn't semi finals yet the fifth game was to see who'd be playing in the finals to place for first and second. Then we had made it in to finals and preparing ourselves to play against Taumarere. The time was ticking, it was getting closer and closer, and everyone in our Netball team could not wait. It then got to the time everyone had got themselves into their positions and mentally and physically prepared themselves for the game. We were all yelling to get the ball, intercept, defend and do as much as they could. The timer had stopped everybody went to go ask the score takers what the score was, but the main question was "Did we win?" the score takers answers was yes and our team were so proud and thankful for making it and winning. There was me, Jacque, Miria, Ocean, Dakota, Payton, Tunisia, Flo,  and we had all had good games. 


1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Roxy, my name is Nevaeh and I am a year 6 student at Paihia School. I really liked your piece of writing about Maromaku day. I really liked how you explained lots about the day. You added lots of punctuation. I also went to Maromaku and I personally loved it. Did you enjoy Maromaku day? What position did you play?

    ReplyDelete