Monday 25 March 2019

BiRtHdAy !!

This week for my free writing I decided to write about my papas birthday which was very good and fun. The birthday was really fun and it was really good seeing everyone get together.

 Saturday late afternoon we're getting ready for my papas birthday, getting all dressed and prettied up to get to the R.S.A. We arrived in our neat gears as everyone else was, while I was making my way in as if I was the neatest one there but everyone looked so good. I make my way over by everyone kiss and hug them because some I haven't seen in a very long time and some I just did because it is good to see everybody together. After going around kissing everyone mingling and talking I then made my way over by some friends in the kitchen and helped out a bit. They were setting up the food, cooking and doing all sorts. The food was then made so we got my papa told him to make his way to the top table and we'll dish out your food, so then me and my cousin dished out the food for everyone that was at the top table and grabbed them some sea food as well. After I grabbed my food I made my way into the kitchen because my cousins weren't finished grabbing out there food and I didn't want to sit down alone, I also had some really good company in there. While everyone was finished eating everybody was talking and done there speeches so then we put a table in where everyone was eating so that everybody could put there plates and everything on there so I scrapped all the food, took the plates in as well as the knives, forks, spoons and all the others. Then right at the very end we everyone stood up and sang a WAIATA but then after that waiata we done a HAKA for my papa and he started crying which made me tear up. 

1 comment:

  1. Nawww, I would have teared up too if I saw my Papa cry, what a special day for you and your whanau. You have organised your evening well and used some high level words such as 'mingling' which is great to see. Maybe next time try to describe your senses in a little more detail. What can you see, feel, hear, smell (especially with all that food in the air!) etc.

    ReplyDelete